From: Lee Howard <faxguy@server.deanox.com>
To: regexp <regexp@mail.com>, flexfax@sgi.com
Sent: May 26, 2000 3:37:02 PM GMT
Subject: Re: flexfax: fax stops halfway while receiving

As has been said many times on the list already (anybody feel like an
answering service)... If you're not using a tiff-3.5 patched source (CVS is
patched), HylaFAX will *not* work with libtiff-3.5.x and you *must* use
libtiff-3.4.x

Thanks
Lee Howard

At 03:15 AM 5/26/00 -0400, regexp wrote:
>Thanks Howard,
>
>I upgraded to 4.1 with tiff 3.4 and it worked fine.
>I suspect rebuilding 4.0pl2 again would have worked too - I believe the
problem was with tiff 3.5.3 that I have been using. It seems that I did not
properly uninstall 3.5.3 when reinstalling 3.4 so I must have recompiled
with 3.5.3 again.

>I still don't know how to tell what version of tiff I have installed, or
how to uninstall it (simply went around deleting *tiff*)...

>Thanks again, incoming faxes work fine, now just the outgoing part..........

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com