Re: Any Other MultiTech MT3334ZDX Users??

Try this. http://www.hylafax.org/Modems/multitech-2834.html

The receive threshold in negative decibels is determined by the S38 register.
Its factory default value is 43, changing it to 35 makes it possible to receive
faxes from our AT&T 351D fax machine (and probably many others)

The command ATS38=35 will change the value of the S38 register. To prevent the
factory default value from being loaded should a AT&F command be issued, the
command AT&F9 is needed.

The following, one-time, out of the box, initialization for the modem is
therefore recommended :

                    AT&F
                    ATS38=35
                    AT&F9
                    AT&W0

The explanation they had was that when the carrier was dropped as part of the
normal facisimile handshaking, noise on the line was above the receive
threshold level, making the modem think that the carrier had not been dropped.
Eventually, the T2 timer expired, and the modem reported +FHNG:73 (T.30 T2
timeout, expected page not received (code 73)). Increasing the modem's receive
threshold to
     -35db keeps the noise level below the carrier, at least for my fax machine
and phone lines.