Re: Any Other MultiTech MT3334ZDX Users??

> The command ATS38=35 will change the value of the S38 register. To prevent the

If this is generally correct, it will be correct for all users of the modem,
so part of the fix should be to get the manufacturers to change the default.
As a general rule, people try and choose sensible default values, so one
should only override a default if one is confident that the reasons for
overriding apply in one's own particular case.

> factory default value from being loaded should a AT&F command be issued, the
> command AT&F9 is needed.

In my view, one should not use ATZ in automated command scripts, but always
start from the known state implied by doing AT&F.

>      -35db keeps the noise level below the carrier, at least for my fax machine
> and phone lines.

The danger is that the manufacturers default was the correct value for
most people, but people will blindly apply this change when the default
was right for them.

Also going from -43 to -35dB can only reduce the carrier to noise ratio
by rejecting more calls (or possibly by negotiating a lower speed).