Re: Test file if valid fax-format?

> i want to test if a ghostscript generated tif-file is valid for sending
> as fax. I can display it with tif-viewer without problems but i don't
> know if that's enough.

Assuming that it is reasonably recent and you used a ghostscript fax
driver, there can be little doubt that it is valid.  There is, however,
a demarcation problem between hylafax and ghostscript as to who should add
the RTC trailer to the image data.  This manifests itself as a retrain
negative (the receiver thinks the page had an unacceptable error rate
and that the sender should recalibrate their modem for the connection)
in some configurations, and there is a patch available to suppress the
excess RTC from hylafax.

Another patch (probably already in the latest beta) is needed to stop
hylafax corrupting the fax data when it inserts the tag line.

Next time, please include the version numbers of the relevant software
and explain why you think there may be an error.