Re: Design for a portable Java hylafax clients: i want your opinions, please!

Dmitry Bely wrote:

> Ulrich Eckhardt <Ulrich.Eckhardt@transcom.de> writes:
>
> > > Does anybody know a free printer driver which can produce TIFF files from
> > > the printout of an application?
> >
> > Probably here we should do it on the HylaFAX side, so that HylaFAX
> > stores all as tiff. This would help on other Clients like WHFC too.
>
> As I explained to Bernd, Hylafax already can handle TIFF files
> transparently. Just submit TIFF to the server instead of Postscript. It
> will be even automatically reencoded if compression method/resolution
> differ from expected values.
>
> BTW, I think using TIFF printer driver on Windows should preferable choice,
> because Ghostscript's rasterization quality for "Normal" resolution is not
> acceptable. Can WHFC work with such driver?
>
> Hope to hear from you soon,
> Dmitry
Hi,

whfc itselve doesn't care about file formats. I use a printmonitor,
which fetches the output from any printerdriver. So if there is
a tiff printerdriver available, just connect this driver to the
portmonitor from WHFC.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom