Re: HylaFax is for the elite

Hello,

	if you are fortunate to get it going first round through, yes it's
simple.  But if not, be prepared to learn more about the innards of this
program then you ever wanted to know.  Once a guy learns to check:
A)
/var/log/messages
/var/spool/fax/docq  files
/var/spool/fax/etc/config
/var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS#
/etc/inittab

B) find out where the HylaFax thread is.  Post to it and whine.

C)	This does not include errors due to the distributions and not HylaFax
it's ownself.  One mis-print in the setup process can blow it.

D)	And if he gets all this going, the modem configuration can eat him
alive if he has to make changes.  Not HylaFaxes fault .  But I remember finding
a site where HylaFax config files could be found.  This should be front and
center on the HylaFax site, begging people to post their config files to it.
But it's not.  Come to think of it, I still
have not posted my config file for my PCMCIA 10/1000 + 56k modem card.  See!

George

Mon, 13 Mar 2000, χΩ ΞΑΠΙΣΑΜΙ: