Re: background graphic for every sent page

What you want is a "watermark."  This little postscript snippet
prints CONFIDENTIAL diagonally across the page:

/wp$y 792 def
/wp$x 612 def
%-------Customize Here-------
/font /Helvetica-Bold def
/pointsize 96 def
/text1 (CONFIDENTIAL) def
%-------End Customization----
/center {dup stringwidth pop
2 div neg 0 rmoveto} def
wp$x 2 div wp$y 2 div pointsize 2 div sub moveto
.85 setgray
font findfont pointsize scalefont setfont
45 rotate
0 0 text1 center ashow
%

Merge something like this (a exercise left to someone else) with the
postscript sent to Hylafax.

- Frank

In reference to the message from: Th.Garrels@t-online.de (Thorsten Garrels)

 >From owner-flexfax-outbound@celestial.com  Mon Mar 13 05:25:36 2000
 >Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:56:52 +0100 (CET)
 >From: Th.Garrels@t-online.de (Thorsten Garrels)
 >To: flexfax@sgi.com
 >Subject: flexfax: background graphic for every sent page
 >Sender: owner-flexfax@celestial.com
 >

 >Hello friends,
 >I've a problem and I like to know wheater somebody has a solution:
 >(Maybe directly with hylafax or connected to a third-party program)
 >

 >I'd like to have a kind of "static" graphic in the background of every
 >page hylafax sends. This could be a company-logo, for instance but as
 >well a complete "letter-template". Insteed of printing the text via a
 >printer on this template you should be able to "print" your text
 >directly on a virtual paper which already contain the company logo and
 >locations.
 >
 >I hope you know what I mean -- I can't explain it better at the
 >moment.
 >

 >I would be very gratefull if you point out a basic approach
 >for a possible solution.
 >

 >Thanks a lot
 >

 >--
 >mfg / With best regards,
 >
 >Ciao
 >Mikey
 >

 >--                                                                 --
 >        Even one moment of life spent cannot be regained for
 >          millions of gold coins. Therefore, what greater
 >             loss is there than time spent uselessly ?
 > Thorsten Garrels  *  th.garrels@t-online.de  *  Wittmund  / Germany

Frank Terhaar-Yonkers
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Manager, Solution Performance Engineering
NSITE - Pineview Building - RTP
7025 Kit Creek Road  PO Box 14987
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina  27709
fty@cisco.com   voice(919)392-2101 fx(919)392-5600