Re: Problems with faxmail

> What does "unknown mailer error 139" mean ?

139 = 128 + 11, 11 is the signal number for segmentation fault, so
I think it means "segmentation fault, core dumped".

>                                             And why do I get a segfault ,

Because there is a bug in the program.  The core dump should be able to
tell you more.

>From glibc waitstatus.h (located via man wait):

/* If WIFSIGNALED(STATUS), the terminating signal.  */
#define __WTERMSIG(status)      ((status) & 0x7f)

/* Nonzero if STATUS indicates the child dumped core.  *
#define __WCOREDUMP(status)     ((status) & 0200)