Re: Questions about hylafax server, faxgetty, etc.

> 2) When I run faxaddmodem, I never get to the end of the script because
> it tells me it
>      can't detect DTE-DCE speed. I tried to force it to 38400 but then I

Use a terminal emulator until you can get the modem to accept the
same commands when entered manually.

> just get some segmentation
>     faults. I think the fact that I've never managed to run this script

Please provide a stack traceback, or at least the identity, of the
failing program, and all relevant software version numbers.

>    In etc/xferlog, I get different messages every time including:
>         "Unable to transmit page (giving up after 3 attempts)"
>         "No answer (T.30 T1 timeout)"
>         "Unspecified Transmit Phase B error"
>         "No response to EOP repeated 3 times"
>         "Unknown problem (check modem power)"

Seems to me that the modem or some other part of the hardware is broken.
Is the machine being overclocked, or the power supply overloaded?