Re: Converting to jpg

Hans-Juergen Beie schrieb:

> I modified faxrcvd to do the following
> - convert incoming faxes to pdf
> - store pdf file readable for all into ../fax/recvq
> - place links into notification mails like

> recvq/fax00010.tif http://<myhost>/fax/recvq/fax00010.tif.pdf
> Sender: +49 xxx xxxxxx
> Pages: 1
> Quality: Normal
> Page: ISO A4
> TimeToRecv: 0:23
> SignalRate: 14400 bit/s
> DataFormat: 1-D MR
> ReceivedOn: ttyS1
> CommID:     c00000025 http://<myhost>/fax/log/c00000025
>
> I made a directory 'fax' under my web servers html/root/
> and made there the two symbolic links
>
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root 18 Feb  8 01:28 log -> /var/spool/fax/log/
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root 20 Feb  8 01:28 recvq -> /var/spool/fax/recvq/
>
> Now, a user who was notified by mail (see above) needs only one mouse
> click to view the fax messages with his web browser, supposed he has the
> Acrobat Reader plugin installed. Another mouse click and he will get a
> hardcopy from his printer.
>
> For me there was no need to send faxes via mail because all clients in my
> local network can access the web server wich is running on the same
> machine as hylafax.
>
> I prefered pdf because it's easy to print and to forward (e.g. by mail).

that would be the/a solution, however if i gonna link to the pdf or
attach them to the notification mail....  hmm, lets see. i think your
approach is a very good idea.

> If you like I'll send you the script.

that would be fine!  do you use FaxDispatch for sophisticated
notification or do you notify a bunch of users witch one mail ?

thanks in advance,
c.guenther

--
| GCSysteme                   | Tel  : +49 2303 770 950         |
| Carsten Günther  Cpt A319   | Fax  : +49 2303 770 952         |