Re: Problems with faxmail

F. Meyer-Kassel <meyer-kassel@online-shop-ag.de> wrote:
> Hi out there !
>
> I'm using HylaFax 4.0pl2 on SuSE-Linux 6.2 with Sendmail 8.9.3.
>
> I can send mail to (for example) meyka@74101588.FAX, and this mail is
faxed,
> everything seems ok.
[snip]

> What does "unknown mailer error 139" mean ? And why do I get a segfault ,
> despite the fax is sent ???

Probably the bug in HylaFAX 4.0pl2 when faxmail is run on libc6 systems. You
need the textfmt-mailer patch from

http://www.hylafax.org/patches/index.html

The mailing list archives has a email dated 10-Apr-98 from Robert giving all
the gruesome details.

I believe there is a newer binary package for SuSE based on v4.1beta2, which
has this and other bugs fixed; perhaps someone can tell us if this is true
and where it can be obtained.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Leicester, UK.