Re: tsi problem

Dmitry Bely wrote:

> Hylafax incorrectly rejects incoming fax with empty (but present) TSI
> despite of "^.*$" rule in the etc/tsi. The problem is in the following code
> (util/RegEx.c++):
>
> [---cut--]
> fxBool
> RegEx::Find(const char* text, u_int length, u_int off)
> {
>     if (compResult == 0) {
>         /*
>          * These two checks are for compatibility with the old
>          * InterViews code; yech (but the DialRules logic needs it).
>          */
>         if (off >= length || (off != 0 && _pattern[0] == '^'))
>             execResult = REG_NOMATCH;
>         else {
>             matches[0].rm_so = off;
>             matches[0].rm_eo = length;
>             execResult = regexec(&c_pattern, text, c_pattern.re_nsub+1,
>                             matches, REG_STARTEND);
>         }
>     }
>     return (execResult == 0);
> }
> [---cut---]
>
> Needless to say that Find() reports no match in case of empty string
> because of the first if() condition ( length and ofs == 0 ). I would change
> this to something like
>
> ((off || length) && off >= length) || (off && _pattern[0] == '^')
>
> if not the reference to "InterViews code" in the comment. Does anybody know
> that is this? BTW, DialRules logic should not be broken if the above
> changes are applied.

I have no chance to have a look into the source right now, but I think the problem
is more difficult.

If you apply the above changes, wouldn´t you open the door to all (null)-TSI spam
faxes although TSI checking is enabled?
Furthermore you have apply the possibility to block a (null)TSI in the etc/tsi
file. So we have to completely redesign the TSI blocking?

Right now, I want to see it this way:
1.) if tsi checking is enabled, the design of HylaFAX *wants* a TSI and therefore
blockes (null)TSI. This seems to be ok.
2.) if tsi checking is disabled, a (null)TSI is accepted. Tis seems to be ok, too.

but
3.)  I agree, that "^.*$" rule in etc/tsi is a little bit misleading.

AND
4.) many thanks to all that *always* give great help in this list!!!

best regards

Juergen Anzer