HylaFax HOW-TO for SuSE people

Hello Ekkard,

<snip>
> Hello George,
>
> I think your FAQ is good. Here a few annotations:
	I hope it does more good than damage:-)

> 1.
> >Step 1:    The SuSE manual mentioned two methods of faxing
> >
> >     A.    mgetty+faxgetty
>                    ^^^^^^^^
>  You mean mgetty+sendfax
	Yep.  Thanks.  Consider it corrected.

> >      B.    HylaFax
>
> 2.
> > Step 4:
>
> >     C.    Reboot!    (same later , chapter G.)
>             ^^^^^^^
> not necessary. If you change inittab then "telinit q"
> (or kill -HUP <id inetd> ) to
> refresh. If you want to start/ stop something then
> do /etc/rc.d/<name> start/ stop
	OK.  My goal is an easy way to kill HylaFax and faxgetty so that a
person can go through faxsetup and faxaddmodem without interference.  Reboot
does this, but is a pain because of time.
	telinit q probably is not what I want,
since it only rereads the /etc/inittab and does not kill an already running
process
  	and
kill -1 1
or
kill -HUP 1

does not seem to kill the HylaFax process.  Is there some single command that
will kill HylaFax and faxgetty, without having to do ps and such to find the
process id?  Trying to make it simple as possible.

	Thanks for the comments.  Feedback helps a lot.

George
--
My personal website
http://www.firstnethou.com/gz/welcome.htm