Re: Error Sending Fax with WHFC and OLE

>Mike Wilhelm wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm getting the following error sending a fax using the WHFC client and
> > VBA/OLE on a Windows 98 SE machine:
> >
> > ---
> > Your facsimile job to xxx-xxx-xxxx was not sent because document conversion
> > to facsimile failed. The output from the converter program was:
> >
> > Could not reopen converted document to verify format
> >
> > Check any PostScript documents for non-standard fonts and invalid
> constructs.
> > ---
> >
> > I'm using version 1.0.5 of WHFC and the generic Adobe PS printer driver
> > version 4.3.1 on the client.
> >
> > I'm using version 4.0pl2 of HylaFAX, version 6.2 of SuSE Linux, and
> > Ghostscript 5.10 on the server.
> >
> > Faxes are successful if I "manually" print to the HylaFAX printer I've
> > defined.  The error only occurs if I use the VBA macro to print to the
> > HylaFAX printer, creating a file, and sending to HylaFAX server using the
> > SendFax command.
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> >
> > Mike Wilhelm
> > mikeybob@oz.net
>
>Be sure your PostScript printer name is HylaFAX and the printername is
>in quotation marks in the macro.
>

>Keith

I've verified both the printer name and quotation marks, all seems
well.  Documents are reaching the fax server, so I'm sure the macro is
sending the fax to the correct place.

I've done more testing and come up with a few more facts.  It appears that
HylaFAX is receiving an incomplete document, which is what is causing the
conversion failure.

I'm using the Visual Basic example found on the WHFC web page.  This macro
can be divided into three sections: (1) the current document is printed to
a file, (2) the sendfax function is used to ship the file to the HylaFAX
server, and then (3) a message box is displayed.  If I view the file on the
client machine (c:\windows\temp\fax.ps on my machine) BEFORE clicking "OK"
in the message box I see the incomplete document, which is identical to the
file that shows up in the docq directory on the HylaFAX server.  After I
click "OK" I can then view the c:\windows\temp\fax.ps file and it contains
the complete document, similar to what I see on the server in the docq
directory for successful faxes (when I "manually print" to the HylaFAX
printer).

It seems that the file created by the application.printout method is not
complete until after the macro completes.  Is there anyway to cause the
file to be completely generated before the sendfax function is used to send
the file to the server ???

Thanks again,

Mike Wilhelm
mikeybob@oz.net