printing double

I just installed hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5 on a Red Hat 6.1 system.

I set up my Red Hat 6.1 system to print faxes when they are received.  For
some reason it keeps printing 2 copies of the fax.

First I put:
   $TIFFBIN/fax2ps $1 | lpr
after the error checking in faxrcvd.  Next I put
   /usr/bin/fax2ps $1 | lpr
(the absolute path to fax2ps on my system)
immediately following  #! /bin/sh.

I put is some scripting to insure that that line is executed only once.

if I use the command (from the command line):
   fax2ps [faxfile] |lpr
I only get one copy printed.

Does anyone have any idea why I would get 2 copies?

  --  Ed Weinberg,
      Detel, Inc., An Internet Presence Provider
      edw@detel.com