Re: Auto answer can not be setup

Christoph Scheeder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > My configuration files are as follows. I snip some of them not to get
> > bigger that mail:
> > --- /etc/inittab
> > mo:2345:resawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty modem
>                                           ^^^^^
> This is one problem, because of next line you use ttyS0,
> you have to use ttyS0 here, or you'll get problems with your port....
>

> > --- /var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS0 (whole file)
> > #
> > # Generic Class 1 modem configuration.
>
> hope this helps
>
> Christoph

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for your help. And others who read my question. I find it
before your answer, but thank you indeed.

I have no idea why it does not work with links. Anyway, now my modem
answers automatically.

I double checked if the problem is link or something other, but yes it
is because of the link. Now /etc/inittab file contains "ttyS0" instead
of "modem" and everthing is fine about receiving faxes.

--
Ertan Kucukoglu
ertank@softhome.net