Auto answer can not be setup

Hello,

At first I am a very newbie to HylaFAX (about 1 day)
Sorry, I searched FAQ, mail lists and find no answer to my querstion. I
also may not know the special terms (if any) used for HylaFAX to find
right answers.

Please send a copy of your answer. I will soon join list... promise. :-)

My configuration is Pent. Celeron 300 (not A serie, without cache) Linux
Slackware 4.0, with 64MB RAM, 3.2GB (2GB for file system) SCSI disk,
Prolink 33.6 External modem. I tried to setup HylaFAX 4.1beta2 from
source.

(This system will handle light weight fax load. After that I will setup
FreeBSD system for more loaded place.)

I succesfully configured and compiled and installed HylaFAX. Read the
RedHat setup instructions. Adapted some to my system. (I have to)

Now, faxgetty program runs without problem. Somebody tries to send a
fax. But it do not receive automatically. If I run "faxanswer modem"
command. It gets the fax without problem.

I searched a little. Find information that I can setup HylaFAX for use
with data, fax and voice. I can also turn off automatic answer mode too.
I did not turn off that. (At least I think)

faxsetup says my modem is a class1 modem.

And if I forget to give some information please inform me.

My configuration files are as follows. I snip some of them not to get
bigger that mail:
--- /etc/inittab
mo:2345:resawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty modem

--- /var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS0 (whole file)
#
# Generic Class 1 modem configuration.
#
# EDIT THIS CONFIGURATION TO REFLECT YOUR SETUP
#
CountryCode:            90
AreaCode:               212
FAXNumber:              +90.212.598.3951
LongDistancePrefix:     0
InternationalPrefix:    00
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:          1
SessionTracing:         11
RecvFileMode:           0600
LogFileMode:            0600
DeviceMode:             0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:      1
SpeakerVolume:          medium
GettyArgs:              "-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:        "NothingSetup"
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%p of %%t"
MaxRecvPages:           25
#
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:              Class1          # use this to supply a hint
ModemRate:              19200           # rate for DCE-DTE communication
ModemFlowControl:       xonxoff         # XON/XOFF flow control assumed
#
ModemSetupDTRCmd:       AT&D2           # setup so DTR drop resets modem
ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1           # setup so DCD follows carrier
#GettyArgs:             "-h %l dx_%s"   # modem must auto-detect
fax/data
#
# We normally append the "@" symbol to the dial string so that
# the modem will wait 5 seconds before attempting to connect
# and return result codes that distinguish between no carrier
# and no answer.  This makes it possible to avoid problems with
# repeatedly dialing a number that doesn't have a fax machine
# (kudos to Stuart Lynne for this trick.)
#
# NB: If you need to prefix phone numbers to get through a PBX,
#     put it in the ModemDialCmd; e.g. "DT9%s@".
#
ModemDialCmd:           ATDT%s@         # T for tone dialing, @ for
silence
#
# Other possible configuration stuff.  The default strings are
# shown below.  Only those that are different from the defaults
# need to be included in the configuration file.
#
ModemResetCmds:         ""              # stuff to do when modem is
reset
ModemAnswerCmd:         ATA             # use this to answer phone
ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&K            # disable flow control cmd
ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&K3           # hardware flow control cmd
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&K4           # software flow control cmd
#ModemNoAutoAnswerCmd:  ATS0=0          # disable auto-answer
#
# Set modem speaker volume commands: OFF QUIET LOW MEDIUM HIGH.
# Note that we both turn the speaker on/off and set volume.
#
ModemSetVolumeCmd:      "ATM0 ATL0M1 ATL1M1 ATL2M1 ATL3M1"
ModemEchoOffCmd:        ATE0            # disable command echo
ModemVerboseResultsCmd: ATV1            # enable verbose command results
ModemResultCodesCmd:    ATQ0            # enable result codes
ModemOnHookCmd:         ATH0            # place phone on hook (hangup)
ModemSoftResetCmd:      ATZ             # do soft reset of modem
ModemWaitTimeCmd:       ATS7=60         # wait 60 seconds for carrier
ModemCommaPauseTimeCmd: ATS8=2          # comma pause time is 2 seconds
ModemRecvFillOrder:     LSB2MSB         # bit order of received
facsimile
ModemSendFillOrder:     LSB2MSB         # bit order modem expects for
transmit
#
Class1Cmd:              AT+FCLASS=1     # command to enter class 1
Class1TCFResponseDelay: 75              # 75ms delay between recv TCF &
response
Class1SendPPMDelay:     75              # 75ms delay before sending PPM
Class1SendTCFDelay:     75              # 75ms delay between sending DCS
& TCF
Class1TrainingRecovery: 1500            # 1.5sec delay after training
failure
Class1RecvAbortOK:      200             # wait 200ms for abort response
Class1FrameOverhead:    4               # 4 byte overhead in recvd HDLC
frames
Class1RecvIdentTimer:   40000           # 35+5secs waiting for ident
frames
Class1TCFMaxNonZero:    10              # max 10% of data may be
non-zero
Class1TCFMinRun:        1000            # min run is 2/3rds of TCF
duration

--- /etc/spool/fax/etc/config
LogFacility:            daemon
CountryCode:            90
AreaCode:               212
LongDistancePrefix:     0
InternationalPrefix:    00
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:          1

And, I do not have any book about my modem. I do not know ist AT command
set. Therefore someone knows what should I use for AutoAnswer. Modem
have AA light. I see that it does not on.

Sorry, I tried to explain in detail but jumped from topic to topic. Any
idea how to solve this problem? After I receive faxes I will say that I
can not send. :-) I know because I tried. It send it after about 5
minutes I run "faxmodem" command. I were talking with phone, program
interruped it. Tried to send fax, but could not send.

Anyway, Thanks a lot to every one spend time to read this mail.

--
Ertan Kucukoglu
ertank@softhome.net

P.S. How can I subscribe this list? I did not see any instructions.
"subscribe flexfax ertank@softhome.net" is enough? Also, where I will
send my request?