Permission Problem?

I have finally upgraded my STABLE home system from RH 5.1 to 5.2 kernel
2.0.36 and I am still using hylafax 4.0pl2 (was working for many months)

Now I get the respawning too fast problem... and a repeated log
message...

FaxGetty[nnn] Could not create FIFO.ttyS1 Permission denied.

... I am sure there is a simple answer, but I am stumped.

I wanted to go up to RH 6.0 with the 2.2.x kernel and the hylafax 4.1 ,
but I usually take one step at a time!

Keith