docq and partitions

Hi, all.

Due to ongoing space issues on my fax server, I tried replacing the
spool/docq directory with a link to a docq directory on a different
partition.  I was very careful to keep the same owner, group and permissions
on the target directory.  However, HylaFax refused to spool to the new
directory, saying "could not find docq/seqf".  "seqf" exists in the new
directory; I copied it all over and verified permissions.  Am I hitting some
kind of security barrier?

On a more general note, how are the rest of you handling the spool directory
for large-volume fax servers?

Thanks,

--
Carl Patten