Re: Signal 11 on Solaris 2.7

Rudolf Wegmann wrote:

> Greetings to all of this list.
>
> I'am new to this list and to hylafax.
> I'v been trying to compile and install hylafax on our server during the last
> days.
> Unfortunately, i encountered a few problems compiling this stuff. Finally, i
> get it compiled, even with help of the mailing list archive of hylafax, but
> the first test to connect to the hylafax daemon by using faxstat or telnet
> results in a Signal 11 crash of the daemon.
>
> Following my configuration:
> SUN E450, Solaris 2.7, NIS+, gcc2.95-1, tiff-v3.4, ghostscript5.5.,
> HylaFax-v.0pl2
>
> The main problems building hylafax were as follows:
> - Because of low space on /usr i had to choose /opt as install destination.
> - Configure failed because of test for libtiff was not successful.
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH was not set to correct destination. I know this is mentioned
> in the doc's therefore my fault.
> - First compile run failed because of wrong makedepend path to assert.h. I
> was able to fix this also with help of the mailing list.
> - Next compile run failed because gcc2.95 is more restrictive. According to
> hints on the mailing list, i should apply patch gcc-2.8.x.patch. This failed
> also with message:
>
> patch -p1 < gcc-2.8.x.patch
>   Looks like a new-style context diff.
> File to patch:
>
> So, i found another hint on the list using compiler flag
> LC++OPT -fpermissive. Afterwards the next compile run was successful but
> with a lot of warning messages. Hmm.. I thougt this can be a problem at
> runtime.
>
> But anyway, i install all compiled stuff, configured the modem (Zyxel Omni
> 288S) and tried to connect to the daemon hfaxd. Following the reported
> messages:
>
> Oct 25 14:04:48 uno HylaFAX[17765]: HylaFAX INET Protocol Server: restarted.
> Oct 25 14:04:48 uno HylaFAX[17765]: HylaFAX Old Protocol Server: restarted.
> Oct 25 14:04:48 uno HylaFAX[17765]: HylaFAX SNPP Protocol Server: restarted.
>
> /opt/local/bin/faxstat -v
> Trying localhost (127.0.0.1) at port 4559 ..
> Connected to localhost
> Service not available, remote server closed connection
>
> Oct 25 14:05:57 uno HylaFAX[17765]: CAUGHT SIGNAL 11
>
> Any help greatly appreciated...

did you already insert
hylafax	4559/tcp
in your /etc/services ??
after doing that you have to restart your inetd with "killall -HUP
inetd"
or find the inetd with ps aux | grep inetd and kill the PID
looks like no service running on port 4559 to me.
/matthias

--
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880599