tiff printing problems

Dear Hylafax List,

I am having problems printing tiff images I receive via hylafax.  I
don't know if this is a ghostscript problem, or a tiff2ps problem but
several things happen depending on what I try:

Case 1 - if I use:

  tiff2ps -a2 file.tif | gs -q -sDEVICE=ljet4 -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=- - | lpr

  It prints a light haze of streaks as a background down the entire
  page.

Case 2 - if I use:

  tiff2ps file.tif | gs -q -sDEVICE=ljet4 -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=- - | lpr

  It prints without the haze, but it is missing the tag line at the top
  of the page.  (It appears to be shifting the text up a line so the tag
  line is off the page.)

Case 3 - if I use:

  fax2ps file.tif | gs -q -sDEVICE=ljet4 -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=- - | lpr

  It prints a blank page.

This occurs with a variety of faxes from a variety of sources.  I have
also tried the ljet3 driver, and it was even worse.

I am using the latest tiff2ps and the latest libtiff.so, as well as gs
5.50.  I am running hylafax-4.1beta1-1rh5.i386.rpm on RH Linux kernel
2.5.

Bottom line is I can't get the tag line to display without also getting
the haze (which blurs the text of the fax).

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Dick Kreutzer
AmeriCom Inc.