Beta2

Title: Beta2

I've found a problem with the beta2 source distribution. The configure program specificly tests for TIFF library version 3.4. However, the current TIFF library (as pointed to by the "links" page) is 3.5 thus causing configure to fail.

Also, I was a bit dismayed to find that beta2 is still using the mkstemp library call to create temp files. This function has a very limited number of times it can be called on HPUX (and possibly others...). This will cause sendfax to fail in a somewhat mysterious way if you pass more than 26 or so files (under HPUX). I have create a replacement for mkstemp that allows an almost unlimited number of times it can be called.

Good, Fast, or Cheap - Pick Two
Ken Cornetet - Kimball Electronics 812.634.4482