Re: Client questions, including WHFC

Dave Wreski wrote:

> Hi all.  I'm interested in the current status of windows clients for
> HylaFAX.  Is there any further development being done on WHFC?  It's
> missing a few key features.  Too bad it wasn't open source, or a more
> robust one existed for NT4/Win98.

Hi,

i will continue the developement next year. Due to a lot of Y2K
changes here i am currently very buisy and a lot of time out of office
for the next 6 weeks. Hopefully the things gets better on december.

> There are a bunch of technophobes in the office, that easily get confused
> with new applications.  I remembered seeing there was a web gateway for
> the application.  Can someone point me to it?  I realize I can have the
> server send an email upon receipt of a new fax, which can then be viewed
> with a mail client.  It would be really nice to be able to view the faxes
> on the web, and click a 'Delete' button, as well as 'Print' from within
> netscape, for example.  Does such an application exist?

I have a perl script on our ftp server, which does
exacly this. But it requires a running webserver on your
HylaFAX server. This script it without any Documentation and Infos,
but it's a simple perl script, so it shouldn't be too hard to
get it on your system running (see ftp://ftp.transcom.de/pub/webview)

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom GbR
http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli  http://www.transcom.de