Re: Changing Font Sizes

On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 02:23:40PM +1000, Andrew Barnes wrote:
> I'm using hylafax to send ascii text files as faxes.... I want to reduce
> the font that is used when converting the file for faxing.  It appears to
> be coming out as 12 point (10 CPI) and I need to have 10 point (12CPI)
> characters used.
>
> Can anyone please lead me in the right direction for this.

Sure.  (Hey!  One I can answer!)

Edit the file /usr/share/fax/typerules (in RedHat RPM installs, anyway;
I suppose it might be somewhere else otherwise, but I doubt it) with
your favorite editor.  At the bottom you'll find this (or something
similar):

#
# This causes anything else with ascii-only data to be treated as text.
#
0       ascii           x               ps      %F/textfmt -B -f Courier-Bold\
						    -Ml=0.4in -p 11 -s
						    %s >%o <% i

This sets your pages in Courier-Bold, 11 point.  I suspect you can take
it from here.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592