hylafax never sends...

I am running, beta 4.1 on redhat 6.0, I had no problem setting it up, and
I can connect wiht whcf, nut whenI try to send a faax with either sendfax
(local) or whfc (from win98) It q's up and then does nothing, all I get is
waiting for modem to come ready, I have tried the modem in minicom. it
works...When I run faxsetup it finds it, a USR 28,800 external class 2.
But whenI go to use sendfax, blah, it just sits and waits for the modem to
come ready?
I have no idea.

Thanks for any help

"The point has always been to change what actually gets broadcast through the
 flexing of government muscle. In simpler times, this was known as censorship."