Does hylafax support DTMF numeric paging?

I just upgraded from v3.0pl0 to v4.0pl2, and sending FAXes seems to work
nicely.  However, I had a complaint from a user that he could no longer
use `sendpage' to contact his numeric pager.  I don't know what the
protocol is, but these pagers have individual phone numbers, with no PIN.
When you call the number, a voice message invites you to enter the
numeric message via DTMF tones.  He claims that it used to work.

How can this be done with the new sendpage, which requires a PIN?
As well, I notice that sendpage requires the `-n' option when there
is no text message, as for a numeric pager.  How then, do you specify
a numeric message on the command line?