4.0pl2, RH Linux 6.0, egcs-2.91.66

I've heard how great Hylafax is, but I'm having a devil of a time getting it wo work.  I'm not an idiot, but I'm not C++ engineer either.   I first tried getting the rpm that comes with powertools to work, but it complained on startup of the daemon that faxgetty was nowhere to be found ... which it wasn't.  So I figured that it was an RPM problem and I downloaded the source tarball.   Something must be going wrong somewhere because none of the executables are installed during the 'make install' phase; though some things are ... faxsetup is there (in fact it is what told me that 'sendfax' didn't exist).

Is there something common/stupid about my setup?  BTW, I'm running an IBM PPro200 with 128mb as the hardware.

Please don't flame me if I'm doing something silly, I did read the faq, the install directions and even noted the special considerations about linux (which I must say were a shade past my immediate knowledge ... reinstalling the development system doesn't seem like a real good solution for getting one program to work).

Help and guidance appreciated.

Hank Marquardt
hank@yerpso.net

If it helps, I sent the make and make install stdouts to a file if I should look for something.