Waiting for modem to come ready............

We have heard that Hylafax was THE way to go for full fax solutions.....
I am impressed with the declared capabilities of Hylafax but am lacking in the experience necessary to complete the configuration of the server side. Faxstatus returns recognition of the schedular and states that it is "waiting for the modem to come ready."   I am using a USRobotics(now 3Com of course) Sportster 56K fax/data modem. Is there possibly some dipswitch setting that is keeping me from getting a response(of any kind) from this modem.........

I have read and poured through as much of the online documentation that I could.....I have been working on this for  a few days now(off and on) and have been unable to figure out how to get the server fine tuned.....well or even able to send a fax at all... :-)

Thankyou,
Brian Burris
developer@countrysidefamily.com

JPEG image