Re: faxgetty and internet simultaneously

Thank you for answers.=20

Now I=B4ve installed Hylafax/faxgetty.=20

Sending a fax works fine.

My Problem: with=20

    mo:23:respawn:/usr/lib/fax/faxgetty ttyS1

in /etc/inittab I can receive faxes but I can=B4t
start a ppp-internet connection, beause faxgetty
disturbs before, during or after dialing.=20
I think its because
pppd locks /dev/modem and not /dev/ttyS1.

With=20

    mo:23:respawn:/usr/lib/fax/faxgetty /dev/modem

in /etc/inittab I can start a ppp-connection, I can
send faxes but I can=B4t receive them because
faxgetty ignores incoming calls. There are no reactions
in /var/log/messages, too.

BTW, my ppp-connection is directed to /dev/modem.=20

What can I do ?=20

A little bit strange: faxgetty sometimes can=B4t lock=20
the modem although there are definitively no other=20
processes that may try to access the modem. The ppp-
connection is explicitely invoked by a user.