Re: SCO/Digiboard/Zoom problem

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Richard Shetron wrote:

> I have a customer with an SCO openserver 5, Digiboard XEM PCI multiport
> controller, and zoom 56K external modem.  The problem appears to be
> that the Digiboard doesn't provide the right signals to the modem.
>
> I was unable to cu to the modem until I turned off dcd checking.
That's fairly normal for SCO.
Your uucp/Devices entries should look something like
Direct ttyc02 - 38400 direct
ACU ttyC02 - 38400 zoom \D
If both ttyc02 and ttC02 are disabled you can "cu -l ttyc02 dir"

> Now that I can CU to the modem, if I type ATDT <number>, I immediatly
> get back ERROR from the modem.  This leads me to believe that one or
Hmm, perhaps the modem is programed goofy.
Maybe it's time for a AT&F.

> more of the other control lines DTR/DSR/CTS/RTS is not working right
> and/or missing.  The modem is plugged into the C module (C02) which is
> a DB25 port.

The DB25 boxes provide all the signals you need. Check you cable
abd make sure you have at least pins 1-8 & 20. The Digi is DTE so
it's straight through to the modem (DCE). And make sure the Digi
drivers are up to date. (mpi ver. 3.2.1)

> Contributing to the problem is the customer no longer has documentation
> on the Digiboard, the 56K zoom modem documentation only includes examples
> for windows and does not list the register settings.  The customer did
> have a small reference book for the Digiboard ditty command and issuing
> the ditty command to force DCD on allowed the cu.

Perhaps zoom has docs on their web site.
If all else fails, undo your ditty commands and try a MultiTech modem.

--
Tim Rice			Multitalents	(707) 887-1469 (voice)
tim@trr.metro.net