SCO/Digiboard/Zoom problem

I have a customer with an SCO openserver 5, Digiboard XEM PCI multiport
controller, and zoom 56K external modem.  The problem appears to be
that the Digiboard doesn't provide the right signals to the modem.

I was unable to cu to the modem until I turned off dcd checking.

Now that I can CU to the modem, if I type ATDT <number>, I immediatly
get back ERROR from the modem.  This leads me to believe that one or
more of the other control lines DTR/DSR/CTS/RTS is not working right
and/or missing.  The modem is plugged into the C module (C02) which is
a DB25 port.

Contributing to the problem is the customer no longer has documentation
on the Digiboard, the 56K zoom modem documentation only includes examples
for windows and does not list the register settings.  The customer did
have a small reference book for the Digiboard ditty command and issuing
the ditty command to force DCD on allowed the cu.

The Digiboard came from their old SCO Openserver 3 system that died the
week before the replacement system was scheduled for installation.

--
Richard Shetron  multics@wizvax.net multics@acm.rpi.edu
                 What is the Meaning of Life?