From: Keith Gray [mailto:keith@hcs.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 August 1999 13:46
To: 'flexfax@sgi.com'
Cc: Tim Ballingall; kwklam@dairy-farm.com.hk
Subject: Re: flexfax: Never ending story - RTN retrain negative

Tim Ballingall wrote:

> Good luck with this one. I've asked for help before on this and haven't
had
> a response. I'm just going to persevere and see how I go.
>
> Suggestions might include changing flow control & changing compression to
> 1-D. Other than that it might be worthwhile with a different modem.
> Personally I believe it to be something to do with bit rates or flow
control
> but I'm no expert and really just poking around in the dark at the moment.
>

>         I'm having problem sending fax to some of the fax machines, the
fax
> was sent at a certain speed,

This sounds familiar! It is something that is/was patched after 4.0pl2.
One work around may be to change the density of the send.
Check that you run 19200 xon/xoff.

See if you want to recompile with patches... or go to 4.1

Keith
This message has successfully passed virus checking.
Mazda Australia takes every precaution to ensure email messages are virus free. For complete protection, you should virus test this message.