RE: Never ending story - RTN retrain negative

Hi Keith,

	I'm already using 4.0pl2 with tagline and reduce speed patch,
	and flow control is set to xon/xoff with 19200 speed..
	But I still get some RTN with certain fax machines.

regards,
Kenneth

Tim Ballingall wrote:

> Good luck with this one. I've asked for help before on this and haven't
had
> a response. I'm just going to persevere and see how I go.
>
> Suggestions might include changing flow control & changing compression to
> 1-D. Other than that it might be worthwhile with a different modem.
> Personally I believe it to be something to do with bit rates or flow
control
> but I'm no expert and really just poking around in the dark at the moment.
>

>         I'm having problem sending fax to some of the fax machines, the
fax
> was sent at a certain speed,

This sounds familiar! It is something that is/was patched after 4.0pl2.
One work around may be to change the density of the send.
Check that you run 19200 xon/xoff.

See if you want to recompile with patches... or go to 4.1

Keith