Re: Multitech & faxaddmodem problem

> Jeff? Try running fuser on the modem line by hand, and see what you
> get. If it's really not installed on you system, many other thihngs
> are going to break.

Hi again,

I tried fuser by hand and it works fine (as su). It lists processes,
kills, with no error messages (I ran statserial /dev/ttyS1 in bg then used
fuser to see the PID, then used fuser -k to kill it -all worked)

> Anyway, Jeff? Could you also double check whether /dev/modem on your
> system is linked to /dev/ttyS1, and whether anything is on /dev/cua1,
> /dev/cua3, or /dev/ttyS3 (which share the same IRQ, gosh darn DOS's
> old brain deadness!)

I used fuser again (my new favorite command) to see if anything was
running on those dev's and nope, nothing.

> And remind us: does minicom or kermit work for you? Is it actually
> possible to get anything else to communicate with the modem?

Yep, mincom works fine...gives the OK status from the from the modem and
dials out. I haven't actually connected to anything though, because I
don't have an ISP dial-in account.

The modem is new ... I don't know.

thanks again for all your time,

Jeff