Re: Multitech & faxaddmodem problem

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 06:12:42PM -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> > Forgive me, Nico, but doesn't that message mean that fuser is
> > _missing_, rather than merely not running?
>
> Actually, no. This is an unfortunate aspect of many error messages
> in systems maintained by people without a manager to tell them "make
> the messages correct for every possibility": it wasn't able to successfully
> *RUN* fuser, and assumes you actually don't have one. It's not always
> right about it. The odds of a modern OS not having fuser is quite
> small.

Be damned.

That should probably be reported to (I thnk it's) Larry Wall as a bug
in configure, I should think.

At least, I _think_ that message is coming from configure.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592