Re: Viewing incoming faxes? [Mac]

At 9:20 Uhr +0200 14.06.1999, David Woolley wrote:
>The protocol on port 4559 is ftp as far as retrieving faxes goes.
>What may be confusing your browser is that ftp says nothing about
>directory formats, so browsers tend to know about several native
>formats, but Hylafax uses a format which is not quite the normal
>Unix format.

Yep. I tried a CLI ftp client in the meantime and saw this, too. So "not
quite ftp" still means I'd have to have a custom client.

>> The MacFlex manager, on the other hand, shows a list of incoming faxes but
>> the "Retrieve" button is greyed out.
>
>By default, received faxes are not publically readable, to protect privacy.

That wouldn't be the problem as MacFlex provides authentification.
Unfortunately, it only supports the old (port 4557) protocol. And, for all
I know, the source is not available.

Sigh... Currently, I make the recv directory available via netatalk.

	hauke