Re: Determining the number used for incoming calls in a hunt group

On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 11:11:21AM -0500, Greg Richards wrote:
> 	Has anybody tried to setup HylaFAX to print to printers based upon which incoming line was used, I know it is easy if you have static lines, but if the incoming lines are in a hunt group how do you determine the intended number that the sender dialed ??

First, please try to convice your mail program to hard wrap lines...  :-)

Now... if the incoming modems are on a hunt group, then this is a
a simple problem.  The sender dialed the pilot number of the hunt
group.  That's the whole point of _having_ a hunt group, no?

If you need to know which number they _got_, instead of which one they
dialed, you should be able to figure it out from the modem which
answered the call.

If you've got, for example, an 800 number ringing down on a hunt group,
and you want to know if the call was local or LD, you're SOL until the
billing data comes.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592