Re: HylaFAX errors?

> I have been trying to get Hylafax working since March...I would like to
> be able to fill you in on everything I have tried but being new to linux
> and memory failing etc I can't.
>
> After a fresh RedHat install I managed to rpm --rebuild with the source

What version of RH?  Which RPM?  What was wrong with the binary RPM that
you had to rebuild the source one?

> an got it installed... following the instruction to the letter the
> following occurs:
>
> [root@localhost /root]# sendfax -d 6943015 text4fax.ps
> 460 Failed to submit job 2: Unable to open scheduler FIFO: Device
> not configured

Show us your "ps ax|grep fax" output.  Also, do "netstat -a|grep fax".
Have you added the necessary services to /etc/services?

> [root@localhost /root]# sendfax -d 6943015 text4fax.viags.g3
> text4fax.viags.g3: Can not determine file type

What does "file text4fax.viags.g3" tell you?  What about just trying
"sendmail -d 6943015 /etc/hosts" instead?

> reading/doing/trying/installing since March - I realize this makes me
> one of the dumbest people on the planet (I am not embarassed about this

Dude, don't worry about it.  That's why this mailing list is here.

> - it also makes me one of the most persistent as well, feel free to post
> this publicly) but there comes a time when you have to realize your

I'm sure you'll get it working.

Dave