HylaFAX errors?

I have been trying to get Hylafax working since March...I would like to
be able to fill you in on everything I have tried but being new to linux
and memory failing etc I can't.

After a fresh RedHat install I managed to rpm --rebuild with the source
an got it installed... following the instruction to the letter the
following occurs:

[root@localhost /root]# dir
Xrootenv.0    nsmail       text4fax.ps  vidmodes
core     text4fax       text4fax.viags.g3
[root@localhost /root]# sendfax -d 6943015 text4fax
text4fax: Can not determine file type
[root@localhost /root]# sendfax -d 6943015 text4fax.ps
460 Failed to submit job 2: Unable to open scheduler FIFO: Device
not configured
[root@localhost /root]# sendfax -d 6943015 text4fax.viags.g3
text4fax.viags.g3: Can not determine file type
[root@localhost /root]#

where:
text4fax = text file
text4fax.ps = above file loaded into WordPerfect8 and save as a
postscript file
text4fax.viags.g3 = above file converted to g3 format with
gohstscript using the  -sDEVICE=faxg3' on the command line.

Please direct me as to what I should do/read to rectify this... I know I
can (I did) read the man pages etc... but like it said in the docs -
'there is gobs of documentation' I have been
reading/doing/trying/installing since March - I realize this makes me
one of the dumbest people on the planet (I am not embarassed about this
- it also makes me one of the most persistent as well, feel free to post
this publicly) but there comes a time when you have to realize your
limitations... maybe some outside input will resolve my problems.
Thanks in advance...

Sincerely,

Doug L.