FlexFax and getty

I am running an old version of FlexFax on BSDI 3.1. It does everything
that I need it to do except answer data calls.  The man pages say that
it should be able to do so but they offer very few clues as to how.
How do you set up faxd to call getty?  What are the "arguments"
necessary?  What modifications need to be made to the /etc/ttys file?
Any help would be appreciated.

Greg Salyer
CPEQ
gasgasman@yahoo.com