Re: help on configuring to receive faxes

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 09:32:16AM +0200, Christoph Scheeder wrote:
> Imagine the folowing Situation:
> you have an old 14400bps Modem which you use to conect to your ISP and to do Faxes,
> know you purchase a new CableModem to get faster internet-connections, but you want
> to continue to use the old modem for faxing.
> So you attach the new modem to another serial device, reconfigure your ISP-Software,
> It adjusts your link /dev/modem to point to the new device and you wonder why you don't
> get any faxes anymore.....

Ugly... but I'm not sure the reconfigure _should_ have moved the
symlink.  That's your _point_, of course...

Cheers,
-- jr 'PS: _7_2 characters, not _8_2.  :-)' a
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592