Re: Message Log Errors????

Well, I found the problem!

In the SuSE Linux distribution they include a setup tool called yast.
yast has the option of enabling Hylafax.  If you say yes and have yast
enable Hylafax a startup script is placed in /etc/rc.d.  This will
start/stop Hylafax.

Putting a line in inetd.conf to start Hylafax is redundant.  That's what
was causing my problem.  Hylafax was started by inetd and then tried to be
started again by the script.  Removing the inetd.conf line corrected the
errors.

The fax scheduler still insists that there is a missing ":" in the modem
class definition and I can't find it.  Should I be looking somewhere other
than the config files???

Gerry