Message Log Errors????

I've had a nice working config of Hylafax for some time now.  Yesterday I
decided to upgrade my system from SuSE 6.0 to 6.1.

All worked within reason but when I started up Hylafax I noticed some messages
that I should change from device cua2 to ttyS2.  I did.

I went and changed my config.cua2 to config.ttyS2.  I also re-ran faxsetup as
faxsetup ttyS2.  I went into inetd.conf and inittab and made sure that all was
correct there as well.

Upon re-starting everything works.  I can send and receive faxes.  The bad news
is that I get a whole series of messages in /var/log/messages that Hylafax
can't bind to port 4559 because it's already in use???

I've gone through the trouble shooting guide and I can telnet to the server.
Running ps aux shows the three daemons running.  Can anyone tell me why Hylafax
seems to think that it needs to restart...which I assume that's what it's
doing???

Also, I have always had a minor irritation in that I see faxgetty is
complaining about a missing ":" in the class 2.0 line.  I've looked and looked
and can't find this either.  Any hints??

I've included a section of my message log for all to see.  Any hints would be
appreciated!!!

Gerry

E-Mail: Gerry Doris <gdoris@home.com>
Date: 17-May-99
Time: 15:08:07

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer

messages