Failed compile hylafax on AIX4.3.1

Folks,

	sorry to send you the same mail again but there was something wrong
with
	my mail server, so I have to send this again using another email
account.
	Can somebody please forward all the replies to me?
	Sorry to have created trouble to all of you.

	I encounter problem when running 'sh configure' in hylafax source
directory.
	in my /usr/local/lib, there is libtiff.a.

<quote>
Checking TIFF support.

Incompatible/missing TIFF Library.

Compilation or execution of the following test program failed:

#include "/usr/local/include/tiffio.h"
main()
{
    if (TIFFLIB_VERSION < 19960307) {     /* check include file version */
        printf("old include files: version %u\n", TIFFLIB_VERSION);
        exit(-1);
    }
    if (strncmp(TIFFGetVersion(), "LIBTIFF, Version 3.4", 20) != 0) {
        printf("old library: version %s\n", TIFFGetVersion());
        exit(-1);
    } else
        exit(0);
}
                                                              22,1
}

With:

TIFFINC=/usr/local/include
LIBTIFF=-L/usr/local/lib -ltiff

The above program checks the version of the TIFF library to ensure it
is suitable for use with HylaFAX.  HylaFAX v4.0pl2 requires a recent
TIFF software distribution; one distributed March 7, 1996 or later.  If
you do not have up to date TIFF software on your system then you can
retrieve it from the location where you obtained this software.
Otherwise, if you have the right software, verify that you have the
TIFFINC and LIBTIFF configuration parameters set correctly for your
system (see above) and that any environment variables are setup that
are needed to locate a libtiff DSO at runtime (e.g. LD_LIBRARY_PATH).
Also be sure that any relative pathnames are made relative to the top
of the build area.

Unrecoverable error!  Once you've corrected the problem rerun this script.
</quote>
                                                              43,1
Unrecoverable error!  Once you've corrected the problem rerun this script.
</quote>

        when I look into the config.log, the following message appear:

<quote config.log>
+ cat t.c
#include "/usr/local/include/tiffio.h"
main()
{
    if (TIFFLIB_VERSION < 19960307) {     /* check include file version */
        printf("old include files: version %u\n", TIFFLIB_VERSION);
        exit(-1);
    }
    if (strncmp(TIFFGetVersion(), "LIBTIFF, Version 3.4", 20) != 0) {
        printf("old library: version %s\n", TIFFGetVersion());
        exit(-1);
    } else
        exit(0);
}
+ make -f confMakefile t
        /usr/local/bin/gcc  -I/usr/local/include t.c -L/usr/local/lib -ltiff
-l
bsd -lm
                                                              64,1
urning a function
/usr/local/include/tiffio.h:298: `TIFFWriteRawTile' declared as function
returni
ng a function

Stop.
</quote config.log>

	I didn't compile the libtiff as DSO (dynamic shared object) because
I cannot successfully
	compile it as DSO, please see attached error messages

<quote>
10/05 21:53 grape>cd libtiff
10/05 21:53 grape>make AIXdso
        rm -f libtiff.syms shr.o
        echo "#!" > libtiff.syms
        /bin/dump -g libtiff.a | sed -n -e  's/^[       ]*[0-9][0-9]*[
]*\([^
 .][^   ]*\)$/\1/p'  >> libtiff.syms
        ld -o shr.o libtiff.a -H512 -T512 -bM\:SRE  -bE\:libtiff.syms   -lc
-lm
-L/usr/local/lib
ld: 0711-327 WARNING: Entry point not found: __start
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__eprintf
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
</quote>

        please give me any idea might be helpful... Thx in advance

regards,
Kenneth