Re: generating bulk FAXes with Word

Harald Lux wrote:
> > I set up a printqueue that uses a modified faxfilter-script I
> > found in mgetty, which filters the target FAX-No. out of the
> > Postscript-code.
>
> Does this work? I tried to convince Ulrich to integrate such a parsing
> into whfc, but he said that the .ps code generated by win95 is not
> suitable for an easy parsing.

It works if you format it with a non-truetype font. Otherwise the driver
generates one Postscript-line for each character. Using a
Postscript-font
you get a line like the following and the faxfilter-script works:

-0.200 0 (FAX-Nr : 546)A

I used the Apple Laserwriter driver.

The faxfilter-script uses the following to get the number:

TELEFON=`awk '{ IGNORECASE=1 } /FAX-Nr ?: ?[0-9-]*/ \
         {  gsub(/-/,""); \
            anfang=match($0,/ ?: ?/); \
            anfang=anfang+match(substr($0,anfang),/[0-9]/)-1; \
            ende=match(substr($0,anfang),/[^0-9]/)-1; \
            printf ("%s",substr($0,anfang,ende)) \
         }' $FAXFILE`

but this fails, if you have

-0.200 0 (FAX-Nr : 0228/54 6-11)A

because it stops at the first non-digit character, if my interpretation
is right.

Stephan Dühr		*  ID-Pro GmbH
mailto:duehr@id-pro.de	*  KoenigswintererStr 16, 53227 Bonn
http://www.id-pro.de/	*  Tel: 0228/42154-0  Fax: 0228/42154-29