Re: Error message - unable to exec /usr/sbin/faxsend ??

"Keith G. Murphy" wrote:
<snip>

> This is one more thing I find curious.  I, too am running 4.0pl2 (this
> is on a Debian system).  Look at my listing of faxsend:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root       371332 Aug  5  1998 faxsend
>
> Seems quite extraordinarily larger than yours...  'Course, yours might

<snip>

I have resolved my fax send/receive problems.  I erased the RPM, got the
latest HylaFax beta source distribution and compiled it on my system.  My
faxsend is now 339436 bytes and lives in a different directory than the place
I found it previously.

Once I had installed the source distribution I could send a fax but got errors
at the end of the first page.  The remote end would just terminate the call.
There have been quite a few messages in past months about this problem. So, I
replaced my USR Sportster X2 modem with an old Twincom 14.4 DF (Rockwell
chips) I had on the shelf. Once I had it installed  my multi-page fax would
send without error.

I have been using two phone lines, one for fax and another for internet
connection.  This allowed me to swap the fax modem without damage to my
internet connection.

--
Les Hazelton