Getty repeating too quickly

I just rebuilt a Dell PII with FreeBSD 3.1 and downloaded HylaFAX 4.02
to see if I could fix the problem of "Getty repeating too quickly" and
"sleeping for 30 sec". This started happening to another machine that
had been up and running for over a year. My guess is that the Cyclades
YeP board (with 32 ports) went bad. I had another to test with, so I
rebuilt FreeBSD (v2.2.7) and HylaFax (4.01) and everything seems smooth
[except for the SILO errors (over 4000)] running 28 modems (ZyXel
1496E).

Anyway, if anyone has any input, it would be greatly appreciated. I need
to get a second machine up and running ASAP to take some of the load off
of the one good working HylaFax server.

Thanks,

-- jb

   J.B. LaRue / I.T. Mgr.