faxgetty not reinitializing modem

Hi,

I'm new to the list, so apologies if this has been covered before.

I use HylaFAX 4.0pl2 on a Linux box (RedHat 5.2) with a Class 1 modem
(Diamond SupraExpress 336V+ 33.6Kbps).

Until yesterday, all was well. However, when I sent a fax out last night
faxgetty never picked up the modem after the transmission had ended.

I checked that faxgetty was still running, and it was. I killed it, inittab
restarted it and it then picked up the modem again.

This has never happened before in 4 months use with the same modem. Any
ideas?

Andy Wallace