Fax freeze

I run HylaFAX with SuSE 5.3 and everything runs smooth except for one small problem. I do about 100 faxes a day in and out and on my busy days, I sometimes have, I guess it is SuSEFAX that is actually being used at the moment, it freeze after I click send fax.I can't shut it down by clicking the X in the corner, so I have to shut everything down and then reboot the computer. I know this sounds a little like Winblows, but the difference is that I can still work with all the other programs while that one is frozen.
The question I have is two fold. Is there anything I can do to get it to stop freezing? and if there really isn't, is there a way I can shut just SuSEFAX down and then bring it back up without shutting down the whole shobang!