about faxstate and faxrm

HylaFAX4.0pl1, linux2.0.33.
Send-only, no faxgetty.

I use:
faxstate -s busy -n ttyS0
to keep HylaFAX from sending queued faxes.

2 questions:

1) What's the difference between the "down" and the "busy" state?

2) How do I find out in which state is a modem? If I issue
faxstate -s busy -n ttyS0
then, can hylafax tell me "The modem ttyS0 is busy" ? Is there a file where hfax writes
the "busy" state?
(not using faxgetty, faxstat always says "waiting for modem to come ready").

3) I set up a user in /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts with admin priviledges.
This user can remove jobs submitted by others by telnetting to the hfax server, logging
in, ADMIN password, and JKILL.
How could the same user remove the same jobs using faxrm? It seems he can't do it with
faxrm.

Thanks.

--
Giulio